The Student Hub is a first point of contact for support and advice. You can find us in the basement of the Information Centre, just along from Nisa in Market Square on Campus West.
Members of the team are available on campus and you can also access all our services remotely.
How we can help you
Our front-of-house team
A first point of contact to help you find any relevant support and advice you may need during your studies. We can help with:
- Official letters. These can now be instantly generated through e:Vision. If you have any queries - or if the letter you require is not available to you - please contact us or find further information on our Request a document webpage.
- Completing forms confirming your enrolment. (If your form asks for the details of your tuition fees, please send the form directly to student-records
- HEDD verification. Contact us with any queries on how to get verification if an employer, agency or embassy wants proof of your attendance at our University.
How to contact our front-of-house team
Drop in: our Hub Opening hours are 10am - 4pm, Monday -Friday
Phone us: +44 (0)1904 324140
Email us: student-hub
@york.ac.uk (the team will respond within three working days)
Live Chat: To use Live Chat, click on the red icon in the top right-hand corner of this page, then select 'General Enquiries'.
For out-of-hours support:
In an emergency, call 999.
If it's urgent but not dangerous, contact Campus Security on 01904 32 3333.
For general security and safety questions, contact Campus Security on 01904 32 4444.
Our Support and Advice team
A first point of contact for advice on issues including financial support and money management, housing advice, academic progress issues and support for under-represented student groups. You can self-refer to our Support and Advice team by completing the . A member of our team will contact you by email as soon as possible and if you are offered an appointment, this can be conducted by telephone, video call or in-person.
Our International Student Support team
The team supports international students both in person and remotely via appointments, drop-ins and email. We advise on areas including:
- Healthcare entitlements and access
- Visas and immigration
- Opening bank accounts
- Travelling to York and other pre-arrival guidance
Fill in our to access support, and select your preferred method of contact, or if you have short questions please visit us at one of our online drop-ins; details are on our International Student Support web pages.
Need to take a break from your studies?
Find out about taking a leave of absence, if you're considering taking a break from your studies.
Here at York, we want to make sure every student gets the most out of their university experience. We offer tailored support for under-represented student groups.